Since the implementation of Professional Learning Communities, Warren T. Eich staff members have participated and trained in the following, all of which enhance student achievement:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Methodologies and Strategies
- Professional Learning Community DuFour’s Training
- Total Educational Systems Support (TESS) Brain Research & Coaching Model
- Mike Mattos Response to Intervention Trainings
- Placer County Office of Education Summer Institute classes regarding Depth of Knowledge and Common Core State Standards
- Assessment Literacy/Depth of Knowledge Assessment and Rigor and Relevance Framework workshops provided by Roseville City School District
- District Common Core Committee
- District Report Card Committee
- Critical Reading Strategies Workshops
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) Trainings
- 21st Century Community
The Warren T. Eich Middle School staff has experienced an evolution in understanding how and why students learn. Eich offers data-driven and research-based programs, as well as intervention and enrichment opportunities for all students. Warren T. Eich has had two consecutive school years with an increase in the API and has met the AYP Growth Targets in all significant subgroups. Over the past two years, Eich’s API has increased from 825 to 883.
With the culmination of the successes of professional development, implementation of research-based programs, and the increase in student achievement, Warren T. Eich is now taking the next step by applying to become an International Baccalaureate (IB) school. In the fall of 2013, Eich will increase the student population of the school by adding 6th grade students and will also be in the candidacy phase for the IB programme.